Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Penner International, we are dedicated to protecting the environment. We are a proud partner of the SmartWay™ Transportation program, an innovative partnership between public and private interests who have a shared goal of saving fuel and reducing greenhouse gases and pollution created by the freight transportation supply chain. As a company and as individuals, we make a conscious effort to reduce our environmental impact. In fact, our commitment to sustainability is integrated into our company goals and decision making.
One way we improve our operational efficiency is with our Long Combination Vehicles (LCV). LCVs are a safe, cost-effective and environmentally efficient way to transport freight. Twice the freight can be hauled using half the number of trucks, resulting in reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. LCV drivers are also held to the highest standards of safety within the trucking industry.
We support several recycling initiatives:
- Recycling bins are located throughout our office and maintenance facility
- Recycled oil from our shop is used to generate heat
- We have a truck battery recycling program
We’ve adopted the use of LED lights, which increase energy efficiency in the following ways:
- LED lights are 80% more efficient than traditional (fluorescent, incandescent) lighting
- 95% of the energy in LEDs is converted into light
- Only 5% of energy in LEDs is wasted as heat